MPI's services include the following areas of business strategy:
- Strategic Planning Analysis
- Start-ups; planning investor development & launch
- Repositioning of brands/imprints
- Line Extensions
- New Market analysis and development
- Organizational Structural Review
- Market Research
- Operations & Fulfillment
Some of our past strategic planning initiatives include:
- Working with a major museum publications department to analyze all facets of its personnel and publishing/retail program. MPI's recommendations led to a restructuring of several departments.
- Consulting for a publisher that wanted to right size its list, improve profitability and implement a 3 year publishing strategy for continued growth.
- Consulting with an e-learning startup associated with several prestigious universities and other scholarly institutions, to define a strategy for textbook fulfillment and facilitate discussions with potential fulfillment services.
- Developing a publishing program for a large non-profit association that included trade and academic books, book clubs, newsletters and stand-alone magazines, and negotiating with prospective publishing partners.
- Analyzing digital opportunities for a media consortium that wished to increase its visibility and sales opportunities.